(as of Sep 21,2021 22:55:32 UTC – Details)
Become a professional iOS developer with the most in-depth and advanced guide to Swift 5.3, Xcode 12.4, ARKit 4, Core ML, and iOS 14’s new features
- Explore the world of iOS app development through practical examples
- Understand core iOS programming concepts such as Core Data, networking, and the Combine framework
- Extend your iOS apps by adding augmented reality and machine learning capabilities, widgets, App Clips, Dark Mode, and animations
Mastering iOS 14 development isn’t a straightforward task, but this book can help you do just that. With the help of Swift 5.3, you’ll not only learn how to program for iOS 14 but also be able to write efficient, readable, and maintainable Swift code that reflects industry best practices.
This updated fourth edition of the iOS 14 book will help you to build apps and get to grips with real-world app development flow. You’ll find detailed background information and practical examples that will help you get hands-on with using iOS 14’s new features. The book also contains examples that highlight the language changes in Swift 5.3. As you advance through the chapters, you’ll see how to apply Dark Mode to your app, understand lists and tables, and use animations effectively. You’ll then create your code using generics, protocols, and extensions and focus on using Core Data, before progressing to perform network calls and update your storage and UI with the help of sample projects. Toward the end, you’ll make your apps smarter using machine learning, streamline the flow of your code with the Combine framework, and amaze users by using Vision framework and ARKit 4.0 features.
By the end of this iOS development book, you’ll be able to build apps that harness advanced techniques and make the best use of iOS 14’s features.
What you will learn
- Build a professional iOS application using Xcode 12.4 and Swift 5.3
- Create impressive new widgets for your apps with iOS 14
- Extend the audience of your app by creating an App Clip
- Improve the flow of your code with the Combine framework
- Enhance your app by using Core Location
- Integrate Core Data to persist information in your app
- Train and use machine learning models with Core ML
- Create engaging augmented reality experiences with ARKit 4 and the Vision framework
Who this book is for
This book is for developers with some experience in iOS programming who want to enhance their application development skills by unlocking the full potential of the latest iOS version with Swift.